– Mommy and Me classes, Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach (http://www.southbayadult.org/): South Bay Family Tree
* We have been going to South Bay Adult School activities since Sedona was 2 weeks old. It is a great place to meet other mothers and babies to go through the process together. I recommend this to everyone! It runs like a school year (September to the following June).
– Adventureplex, Manhattan Beach (http://www.adventureplex.org/): Camps, activities, and play dates
* Great place to have play date or go alone as there is wi-fi for you and your ipad. On Friday and Saturday evenings, parent drop off is super fun for kids.
– Under the Sea, multiple locations (http://www.undertheseaindoorplayground.com/): Indoor playground; great for play dates and parties
– My Gym, multiple locations (http://www.my-gym.com/): indoor gym. classes for all ages
– Toddler music classes with Miss Sara (http://hearthedifference.net/): Fantastic classes for the little ones; Sara is a total sweetheart. She also teaches private and group instrument lessons.
– Scooter Jungle, El Segundo (http://scootersjungle.com/el_segundo.php): Indoor playground for open play and parties
– Art Zone, Hermosa Beach (http://www.artzone4kids.com/): Let the kids get messy somewhere else — not in your home: classes, camps and open free play
– Little Gym, Torrance (http://littlegym.com/): Gymnastics, Ballet/Tap
– Color Me Mine, multiple locations (http://www.colormemine.com): Have your kids paint something special on ceramic for moms, dads and grandparents
– School of Dance and Music, Redondo Beach/Hermosa Beach/Manhattan Beach (http://www.schoolofdanceandmusic.com/): Classes and camps, with older children putting on performances at year’s end at the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center
– Soccer City, Torrance (http://www.scsoccercity.com/): Classes and leagues
– Kid Fit, Redondo & Torrance (http://fitkidsgym.com/): Gymnastic classes, camps and jr olympic teams
– West End Tennis Center (http://www.westend-club.com/): Tennis club with pool, gym and classes. For children, there is a day care facility for adults and summer camps.
SWIM SCHOOLS and SPOTS:
– Lucky Duck (http://luckyduckswimschool.com/), Gardena
– Akai Swim School (http://www.akaiswimschool.com/), Torrance
– South Bay Aquatics (http://southbayaquatics.com/), Redondo Beach *indoor
– Redondo Beach Swim Team (http://www.beachcitiesswimming.com), Redondo Beach
– Torrance (http://www.torranceca.gov/Parks/10012.htm) – VICTOR E. BENSTEAD PLUNGE
– El Segundo (http://www.elsegundo.org/depts/recreation/parks_n_facilities/recreation_facilities/urho_saari_swim_stadium_(_the_plunge).asp) – Urho Swim Stadium *indoor
– Manhattan Beach – Begg Pool
– Polliwog Park, Manhattan Beach
– Fort Lots of Fun, Hermosa Beach
PLACE TO THROW KIDS PARTY:
– My Gym (Manhattan and Redondo locations)
– Build-A-Bear Workshop (Del Amo Mall, Torrance)
– Under The Sea
– Soccer City
– Art Zone
– Little Gym
– Scooter Jungle